Excellent starting positions for the Porsche 911 GT3 R at the twelve-hour race in Sepang/Malaysia: To conclude the 2016 motorsport season, Porsche’s works drivers Frédéric Makowiecki (France), Richard Lietz (Austria) and Michael Christensen (Denmark) will tackle Asia’s most important race on Saturday from pole position in the 500 hp customer sports racer from Weissach. Securing third in the gripping “Pole Shoot Out” in temperatures of over 30 degrees Celsius, Porsche factory pilot Earl Bamber planted the second 911 GT3 run by Manthey Racing on the second grid row. Joining forces with Bamber on the 5.543-kilometre Sepang International Circuit on the outskirts of the capital Kuala Lumpur are Patrick Pilet (France) and Nick Tandy (Great Britain).
Alex Stehlig, Programme Manager Sepang: “This qualifying ran perfectly for us. Just like in Macau, this is the first time for us on this racetrack with the 911 GT3 R as well as with the team. To post pole position and P3 at the first attempt – well, you can’t wish for more than that. But this twelve-hour race throws many challenges at us, especially the extreme heat. It won’t be easy, but today we’ve achieved the best foundation for a successful race.”
Frédéric Makowiecki (911 GT3 R #912): “We worked very well in the 911 GT3 R in free practice and saw constant improvements from session to session. This pole is the result. The team truly deserved it. I’m pleased with this great starting position for our last race of the season. The race will demand a lot from us, but we’re well prepared.”
Earl Bamber (911 GT3 R #911): “This was a very good qualifying for Porsche. We’re competing here to underline the potential of the 911 GT3 R, and we’ve succeeded in this today. I’ve lived in Malaysia for many years and I’ve contested a lot of races in Asia, so I’m very pleased that Porsche is supporting motorsport in the region by competing here in Sepang. It would be wonderful if we could further fuel the growing enthusiasm for motor racing with a great race.”
Result “Pole Shoot Out” Qualifying
1. Lietz/Christensen/Makowiecki (A/DK/F), Porsche 911 GT3 R, 2:02.634 minutes
2. Parente/Ledogar/van Gisbergen (P/F/NZ), McLaren, + 0.130 seconds
3. Pilet/Tandy/Bamber (F/GB/NZ), Porsche 911 GT3 R, + 0,217
4. Van Dam/Bhakdi/Sathienthirakul (NL/THA/THA), Ferrari 488, + 0,482
5. Orido/Hiramine/Zaugg (J/J/SA), Lamborghini, + 0,630
6. Haase/Vanthoor/Frijns (D/B/NL), Audi R8, 0,802
© 2017 Porsche Ibérica, S.A. Indicações Legais.
* Os dados de Consumo e Emissões de CO2 foram determinados de acordo com os procedimentos de medição obrigatórios - norma Euro 5 (715/2007/CE e 692/2008/CE) e/ou Euro 6 (459/2012/CE), segundo o modelo correspondente -, no Novo Ciclo Europeu de Condução (NEDC) e com os equipamentos de série. Os dados não se referem a um veículo individual e não são parte do produto oferecido, servindo apenas para efeitos de comparação entre os diferentes tipos de veículos. Para obter informação adicional sobre os veículos individuais, consulte o seu Centro Oficial Porsche.
Os dados de consumo foram obtidos com base no equipamento de série. Os equipamentos opcionais e ou especiais poderão afectar o consumo e as prestações.
Estão disponíveis informações mais detalhadas sobre o consumo de combustível e as respectivas emissões de CO2 dos novos veículos no sítio da ACAP.